Submit a case study
We are beginning to collect case studies for future editions of Shelter Projects 201X. To submit a case study for future editions, email us by clicking here.
Download the format for case study submission here
Case studies should be submitted in the format above. photographs should be sent in an accompanying email.
Criteria for inclusion
Once case studies have been submitted, the project panel will decide which ones to include. The panel will use the following criteria as a guide to agree on which case studies should be included:
- The shelter project must be wholly completed, or solid learnings can be gained from the project implementation to date.
- Given the scale of emergency shelter need every year, case studies must have had large scale impacts. Discontinued trials or design concepts will not be included.
- The majority of the project must be implemented within the first year following a natural disaster. For conflict affected populations, chronic emergencies and returns processes, longer time scales would be considered.
- Accurate project information is available from staff involved in the project implementation.
- The case studies should illustrate a diversity of approaches to meet shelter need. Providing shelter is more than simply designing architecturally impressive structures.
Join the shelter case studies mailing list by clicking here:
- or simply email us: